At the beginning of the 20th century, local Kulosaari youths were keen to show off their beautiful island to visitors – and to make sure they themselves had lots of fun along the way
In 1915, a new restaurant designed by architect Armas Lindgren was built on the most beautiful spot on the island. The building enjoyed magnificent views of the sea.
Mrs Paterson-Fahlen was the first restaurateur to run the establishment, and rumour has it that even during the dry prohibition years, she always had a little something stashed away behind the bar for her gentleman patrons.
During its century-long history, Kulosaaren Casino has changed hands several times and borne witness to many remarkable events. Over the years, it has established itself as one of the most popular party venues in Helsinki. It comes particularly to its own during the summer se